• An e-subscription to Orthotech Professional newsletter (published 6 times per year)
• Biennial Salary Survey Report
• Opportunity to earn up to 6 CEUs per year toward OTC re-certification on-line
• Reduced registration at NAOT Annual Symposium — a $50-$100 savings
• Reduced registration at NAOT Casting and Splinting Skills Workshops — a $50 savings
• Access to member-only Virtual Seminars
• Access to the member-only Forum on the NAOT website.
• Reduced fee to take the national certification exam (NBCOT) — a $75 savings
applicable for initial certification only
• Information service: NAOT provides a central clearinghouse of information for OTs, institutions, and hospitals
• Direct mailing of annual symposium invitations and other educational course offerings across the nation
• Assistance with local association development
• Membership certificate suitable for framing
Full Membership – $100 annually
Full membership is open to any person actively pursuing a career in orthopaedic technology. This person will usually function under the supervision of an orthopaedic surgeon in a private office, clinic, or hospital setting. The individual may be an orthopaedic technologist, registered nurse, licensed vocational nurse, physical therapist, orthopaedic physician’s assistant/orthopaedic assistant, or x-ray technologist. Any professional holding the Certified Orthopaedic Technologist (OTC) credential (non-military) and Certified Orthopaedic Physician’s Assistants / Certified Orthopaedic Assistants (OPA-C/OA-C) should register within this membership category.
Military – $50.00 annually
Military membership is open to any active duty military personnel engaged in orthopaedic technology. Active status will be verified by NAOT’s Military Liaison upon submission of application.
Note: Military reserves and National Guard are not eligible for the military category.
Student/Associate Membership – $30.00 annually
Student/Associate Membership is offered to any person actively participating in the field of orthopaedics, but not directly employed as an orthopaedic technologist providing patient care. Associate members are subject to membership dues and have a voice; however, they are not entitled to vote, hold office, or chair a standing committee.
Applications can be completed on-line with a Visa or Mastercard payment by clicking on the icon at left.
Click here to print out a pdf version of the membership application (must have Adobe Reader Version 3.0 or higher).
If you wish NAOT to send you a membership application form, please click on the following e-mail link: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full mailing address. NAOT staff will forward this information to you. Once you have received the application, please fill out all relevant sections of the enclosed application form, indicate your membership category and send, with a check, drawn on any U.S. bank or money order in U.S. dollars (payable to NAOT), to:
8365 Keystone Crossing, Suite 107
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Applications may also be faxed, along with a Visa or Mastercard payment, to NAOT at (317) 205-9481.