Full membership is open to any person actively pursuing a career in orthopaedic technology. This person will usually function under the supervision of an orthopaedic surgeon in a private office, clinic, or hospital setting. The individual may be an orthopaedic technologist, registered nurse, licensed vocational nurse, physical therapist, orthopaedic physician’s assistant/orthopaedic assistant, or x-ray technologist. Any professional holding the Certified Orthopaedic Technologist® (OTC®) credential (non-military) and Certified Orthopaedic Physician’s Assistants / Certified Orthopaedic Assistants (OPA-C/OA-C) should register within this membership category.
Military membership is open to any active duty military personnel engaged in orthopaedic technology. Active status will be verified by NAOT’s Military Liaison upon submission of application.
Note: Military reserves and National Guard are not eligible for the military category.
Student/Associate Membership is offered to any person actively participating in the field of orthopaedics, but not directly employed as an orthopaedic technologist providing patient care. Associate members are subject to membership dues and have a voice; however, they are not entitled to vote, hold office, or chair a standing committee.
- e-subscription to Orthotech professional newsletter (published 6 times a year)
- Biennial Salary survey report
- Opportunity to earn up to 6 CEU’s per year towards OTC® recertification online
- Reduced registration at NAOT Annual Symposium ($50 – $100 saving)
- Reduced registration at NAOT Casting and Splinting Skills Worskshop ($50 saving)
- Access to member only virtual seminars
- Access to member only forum on NAOT website
- Reduced fee to take the National certification exam, NBOT (a $75 saving) Applicable for initial certification only
- Information Service: NAOT provides a central clearinghouse of information for OT’s, institutions, and hospitals
- Direct mailing of annual symposium invitations and other educational course offerings across the nation
- Assistance with local association development
- Membership certificate suitable for framing