Learn casting and splinting techniques through intensive hands-on instruction and application from experienced certified orthopaedic technologists!
View Workshop Details
TYPICAL COURSE OUTLINE
- Basic Casting & Splinting
- Demonstration of Upper Extremity Casting & Splinting
- Upper Extremity
- Short Arm Cast
- Short Arm Thumb Spica
- Short Arm Volar Splint
- Short Arm Thumb Spica Splint
- Sugar Tong Splint
- Hands-on Upper Extremity
- Demonstration of Lower Extremity Casting & Splinting
- Lower Extremity
- Short Leg Cast
- Long Leg Cylinder
- Posterior Stirrup Splinting
- Hands-on Lower Extremity
- Cast Complications
- Demonstration of Intermediate & Advanced Casting & Splinting Applications
- Upper & Lower Extremity Applications
- Muenster Cast
- Boxers Cast and Radial/Ulnar Gutter Splints
1. Demonstrate proper casting technique for application and removal of upper and lower extremity casts and splints (achieve through lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice).
2. Recognize indications for various types of cast/splint treatment.
3. Identify best practices for cast application and removal.
4. Identify casting/splinting complications and their possible solutions.
5. Learn proper patient care protocols.
FORMAT & SCHEDULE
1.5 day program with intensive hands-on application. Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (continental breakfast and lunch included) and Sunday 8:00 am – 12:00 noon (continental breakfast included).
Courses instructed by Certified Orthopaedic Technologists (OTC) credentialed by the National Board for the Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists (NBCOT). Faculty will be nationally-recognized professionals with many years of experience in the field of orthopaedic technology.
Cancellations are permitted up to 15 days prior to event start date, and are assessed a $25 processing fee. Refunds are not provided for cancellations within 15 days of event start date. Substitutions are permitted at any time.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CEUs/CMEs)
The Casting & Splinting Skills Workshop has applied for CEUs/CMEs for the following credentials:
• 10.25 Category 1 CEUs for OTC
• 10.25 CMEs for OPA-C/OA-C
• 10 CEUs for ATC*
• 12 CMEs for PA-C
• 12 Scientific CEUs for BOC Orthotists, Prosthetists, and Orthotic Fitters
*National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
Don’t miss out on the early bird special!
NAOT Workshop early bird special ends 15 days before the event start date. Be sure to snag your ticket before the price increases!
*Must be logged in to access the member ticket.
*All of our workshops will be sponsored by BSN. If we did not have BSN as a Sponsor NAOT would not be able to host these amazing workshops. Please make sure to thank our wonderful sponsor for the amazing materials they supply for our workshops.*
A discounted room rate of $115/night will be offered by calling the hotel directly and mentioning National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists.
April 13, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 14, 2019
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue Phone: 513-771-5601
Online Booking Link:
Thank you for choosing Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville! We are looking forward to seeing you in April 2019 and are ready to uphold our reputation for great service and value. Rooms have been held for the NAOT group and to make reservations, please click on the link below.
At Drury Hotels, we know you have enough to worry about when traveling. In addition to the great rate, our generous amenities will brighten your day and make your journey easier.
- Free Hot Breakfast – Start every day with make-your-own Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, KELSO+BROS® coffee and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from 6–9:30 a.m. on weekdays and 7–10 a.m. on weekends.
- Free 5:30 Kickback®* – Join us from 5:30–7 p.m. every evening to enjoy free hot food and cold beverages at our 5:30 Kickback®. We feature a rotating menu of hot food, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks.
- Free Wi-Fi Throughout the Hotel – Get the score, check your social networks or email family members from anywhere in the hotel – for free!
- Free Soft Drinks and Popcorn – Freshly popped popcorn and a refreshing beverage make a great snack! Stop by the lobby for free soft drinks and popcorn every evening.
- On-Site Facilities – Take advantage of the business center, fitness center or pool while you’re away from home. Print your boarding pass, finish a presentation or check e-mail in our business centers.
Please make your reservations by Friday, March 22, 2019 to receive your group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability. Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to the NAOT group number 2357163.