Learn casting and splinting techniques through intensive hands-on instruction and application from experienced certified orthopaedic technologists!
TYPICAL COURSE OUTLINE
- Basic Casting & Splinting
- Demonstration of Upper Extremity Casting & Splinting
- Upper Extremity
- Short Arm Cast
- Short Arm Thumb Spica
- Short Arm Volar Splint
- Short Arm Thumb Spica Splint
- Sugar Tong Splint
- Hands-on Upper Extremity
- Demonstration of Lower Extremity Casting & Splinting
- Lower Extremity
- Short Leg Cast
- Long Leg Cylinder
- Posterior Stirrup Splinting
- Hands-on Lower Extremity
- Cast Complications
- Demonstration of Intermediate & Advanced Casting & Splinting Applications
- Upper & Lower Extremity Applications
- Muenster Cast
- Boxers Cast and Radial/Ulnar Gutter Splints
1. Demonstrate proper casting technique for application and removal of upper and lower extremity casts and splints (achieve through lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice).
2. Recognize indications for various types of cast/splint treatment.
3. Identify best practices for cast application and removal.
4. Identify casting/splinting complications and their possible solutions.
5. Learn proper patient care protocols.
FORMAT & SCHEDULE
1.5 day program with intensive hands-on application. Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (continental breakfast and lunch included) and Sunday 8:00 am – 12:00 noon (continental breakfast included).
Courses instructed by Certified Orthopaedic Technologists (OTC) credentialed by the National Board for the Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists (NBCOT). Faculty will be nationally-recognized professionals with many years of experience in the field of orthopaedic technology.
Cancellations are permitted up to 15 days prior to event start date, and are assessed a $25 processing fee. Refunds are not provided for cancellations within 15 days of event start date. Substitutions are permitted at any time.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CEUs/CMEs)
The Casting & Splinting Skills Workshop has applied for CEUs/CMEs for the following credentials:
• 10.25 Category 1 CEUs for OTC
• 10.25 CMEs for OPA-C/OA-C
• 10 CEUs for ATC*
• 12 CMEs for PA-C
• 12 Scientific CEUs for BOC Orthotists, Prosthetists, and Orthotic Fitters
*National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
Don’t miss out on the early bird special!
NAOT Workshop early bird special ends 15 days before the event start date. Be sure to snag your ticket before the price increases!
*Must be logged in to access the member ticket.
April 28, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 29, 2018 - April 30, 2018
Venue Phone: 952-854-9000
Below is a “How To” to be placed on the website regarding securing overnight lodging.
- National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists reservations can be made either by calling the hotel directly at 952-854-9000 or toll-free at 1-800-227-6963 and referencing National Association of Orthopaedic Technologists or NAO.
- Meeting attendees can also make their reservations online by clicking the link below as the codes are auto-loaded already and you just need to enter in the date (4/27/18- 4/29/18).
- National Assoc. of Orthopaedic Technologists